Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 2

Today was the best day I have had for quite sometime. Just knowing that I am doing what I can to become a better person is making me incredibly happy and motivated to change. This is in turn affecting those around me and I am already sensing a positive change in my life. I know I can do it this time. I really can have a happy family.

My workout, while pretty much my normal routine, had its own energy about it. I just didn't want to stop until I couldn't push myself any further. When I woke up this morning I found myself doing yoga instead of watching adult swim...what a great way to start the morning. I was very cautious about the portions I ate during meals today. Since I make most things we eat from scratch, it is hard for me to count my calories and my servings. So I gage my portions on what I would have previously eaten and decreased it by half. This was great as it allowed me to have a few small, delicious, and healthy snacks during the day.

Eating almonds before and after my workout as well as drinking plenty of water gave me the energy I needed to push myself farther than I have before (thanks Shane).

I also can say I had the first day in a while where I know I made logical decisions, not those driven by my emotions. This will continue to progress if tomorrow I improve upon today. This is was also the part of my day today where I felt the most progress. I can sleep soundly tonight knowing my mind is opening.

You can move on from your past if you can learn from it and change your behaviours.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment