Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 3

Biggest news of the day...I actually made a friend! Kenna has gymnastics class at the YMCA and has a friend Aidan whom has been in class with her for a few months. Not only does Aidan talk about Kenna all the time but it would seem I would have a lot in common with his mom and that we raise our children in similar ways. So not only would Kenna have an awesome play date, but I have the chance to be social again. So I finally worked up the courage to suggest a play date today..we are going to get together next week. This may not seem like a challenge that needed to be overcome, but for me it is. Outside of friends from work, I have not made any new friends since 2006. I know, sad right? Well what else would you expect from someone who was so obvlivious to the world around them, not to mention the depression. So for me, the first friend I have made in 3 years is a big deal!

I was able to make it to the gym twice today. I snuck in a quick session at 5:30 this morning while Kenna was still sleeping and returned for a longer more aggressive work out in the late afternoon (Kenna loves going to the drop in day care and playing with the other kids while I am working out). My morning routine was rather light (yoga, stretching, weight lifting, and riding the bike), however, it gave me a great energy for the day and allowed me to hit the gym again later and push myself harder than yesterday....again as long as I am trying harder than the day before I will get positive results. I did more cardio the second time (2 miles on treadmill, 30 minutes on elliptical, and of course another 4 miles on the bike). I was able to run 3/4 mile longer than yesterday and add another mile onto my bike routine. Defiantly on the right track.

This feels good...why did I not decide to take this seriously a long time ago....

No comments:

Post a Comment